Tuesday 2 September 2014

Casting Hands & Feet


Here is a post of the process i took to casting a 2 part mold for the hands and feet of my puppet so that i could use them for a silicon mold.

I used Super Sculpey to sculpt the hands an feet over the armature, an i used processes such as baby oil and powder to soften and smooth the clay. they turned out nicer than i thought :)



I then mixed some plasticine to clay up the mold.  




I used foam board to box it out then the process of vaselining up so the plaster doesn't stick to the sides of the box.



Once one half had been set I applied extra keys to the mold, to help limit the waste of silicon later (or so I'm told)






Here are the feet I sculptted along with the same 2 part mold process as the hands. 





So thats it for the Casting :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment